How to fix Wifi disconnect problem in Windows 8.1, 10
It has been observed that whenever you logged off or your PC goes sleep mode your WiFi connection get disconnected. This thing is very annoying if you are downloading a big file and your PC remains idle for long time the WiFi connection will be lost. Due to power saving mode (Windows default function) whenever your PC remains idle it will automatically disconnect the WiFi connection in order to save power. Hence every time you logged in your computer you have to connect your WiFi first then you can surf internet. There is some trick to avoid this scenario and you will be get rid of this problem.
Go through the following steps:
- Go to “Control Panel” and click on “Network and Internet”.
- Then click on “Network Sharing Center”, it will show the active networks on your computer.
- Then click on connection (WiFi) and then click on “Properties”.
- Then click on “Configure…” another window will come, then go to “Power Management” tab.
- Now uncheck the checkbox “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- Again go to “Control Panel” and click on “System and Security”.
- Click on “Power Option” and then “Change plan settings”.
- Then go to “Advanced power settings”.
- Then select “Wireless Adapter Settings” and then click on “Power Saving Mode”.
- Now set “Maximum Performance” for both “On battery” and “Plugged in” and then click OK.
- Now reboot your computer.
Hope this will fix your frequent WiFi disconnection problem of your computer.