How to recover Windows 8 or 8.1 using Recovery Drive?
Sometimes it has been seen that due to windows update failure or some other reason windows doesn’t start properly. Rather than formatting your computer and installing fresh copy of windows 8 or 8.1 you can go for recovery option. This will save your time and make the computer accessible like as earlier. There are two method to recover your windows 8 and 8.1
- Using System Restore.
- Using Recovery Drive.
a.) System restore:
Using system restore is very old and convenient way to restore windows. This option is available for all the version of windows.
- Go to control panel and click on recovery (for windows 7 or higher version).
- Click Start button then go to All Programs, then point to Accessories, then go to System Tools, and then click System Restore (for windows XP or lower version).
- Select a Restore point from the list keeping one thing in mind that the restore point should be earlier than the problem crops in your computer.
- Then follow the steps and wait until the computer will take restart.
The concept of recovery drive comes for higher version of windows (Windows 7 or higher). A windows 7 or 8 recovery drive is useful when your computer suddenly stops working and doesn’t take restart as well. It is a pen drive or external hard drive that gives you the access to advance startup option having system restore and recover your pc at earlier stage.
Another advantage of this is you can prepare the recovery drive from any another working copy of windows 8 or 8.1 from your friend or family.
- Insert an empty pen drive in USB port.
- Go to control panel and click on recovery.
- Then choose the option “Create a recovery drive”.
- It will automatically shows all the attached devices to your PC.
- Select the drive to create recovery drive
- It will take around 4-5 minutes and required at least 512 MB of space.
- Now your recovery drive is ready whenever you needs to recover your PC just insert the drive in your PC and restart your computer.
- Press F2 or DEL key at the time of booting to enter the BIOS setup of your PC.
- Go to booting priority and set the first drive USB HDD having the model name of your pen drive.
- Then save and exit from BIOS menu by pressing F10.
- After Select your language.
- Click on Troubleshoot, then Reset your PC.
- Click next, then select Windows 8.
- Select the No, keep the existing partitions.
- Choose the option Just remove my files.
- Click Reset.
- Once the system restarts into the Recovery screen, remove your USB drive.
- Click Continue to exit and boot into Windows.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to progress through the first time setup.